The new Memorial Green development under construction on Memorial will only enhance this lovely townhome community. Soon Ethans Glen will be the “affordable” neighbor to $1-2million dollar homes with many of the same benefits….walkability to Fresh Market and Starbucks, plenty of PARKING, and great location. Check out the fabulous updates in this lovely townhome.
This week I attended the SBISD annual realtor’s luncheon and heard Duncan Klussman speak. Here are my “take away notes”:
1. Frostwood Elementary (photo above) opened in January.
2. The district has removed the old TEA school ratings from the school buildings. The last ratings were done in 2011 and no longer apply.
3. A demographic study was completed and the district believes they can manage projected growth with current facilities. New apartment complexes under construction will not add alot of students to their respective elementary schools (Sherwood Forest, Wilchester, Bunker Hill) as they will be Class A complexes.
4. KIPP and YES Prep schools are a great alternative choice for middle and high school students, especially in Spring Branch neighborhoods. Very exciting news!
5. Capped schools listing will be posted to the district website in February.
6. We are lucky to have great leadership in SBISD!
Frostwood has once again performed well. Location, location, location and great schools too! The average price of home sold in 2011 was $701,000 ($231psf) and the average price of home sold in 2012 was $725,000 ($242psf). Of course there are many differences in location, lot size, home size, etc. but overall the neighborhood saw a 3-4% price appreciation. There is one recently constructed home currently on the market priced at $1,649,000.
Zoned to exemplary elementary schools (Frostwood and Bunker Hill), exemplary Memorial Middle School and recognized Memorial High School, it’s a great combination of schools and location. Here are the school links:
There are so many fun neighborhood spots nearby. Frostwood residents can walk or bike to Baskin Robbins (on Memorial);
Three Brothers Bakery, Cazadores, Kim Son, Guglianis, Subway, Pappa Joe’s BBQ and Orange Leaf (frozen yogurt) (on Kingsride);
or they can walk to The Vine (wine bar), Empire Turkish Grill, Two Saints restaurant, Union Kitchen, or Starbucks (Benignus @ Memorial). In addition, they are so convenient to the mall, Memorial City Hospital and doctors buildings.
Residents often join the Memorial Forest Club, located at Memorial and Plantation for swimming, summer swim team, tennis leagues, and a fun summer camp for the kids. Check out: www.memorialforestclub.com for details. Other neighborhoods that can join the Memorial Forest Club include: Bunker Hill Village, Whispering Oaks, Naughton, Memorial Forest, Colony West, Memorial Woods, Tealwood, Warrenton, and Memorial Hollow.
It’s a great lifestyle and fantastic neighborhood!