This week I attended the SBISD annual realtor’s luncheon and heard Duncan Klussman speak. Here are my “take away notes”:
1. Frostwood Elementary (photo above) opened in January.
2. The district has removed the old TEA school ratings from the school buildings. The last ratings were done in 2011 and no longer apply.
3. A demographic study was completed and the district believes they can manage projected growth with current facilities. New apartment complexes under construction will not add alot of students to their respective elementary schools (Sherwood Forest, Wilchester, Bunker Hill) as they will be Class A complexes.
4. KIPP and YES Prep schools are a great alternative choice for middle and high school students, especially in Spring Branch neighborhoods. Very exciting news!
5. Capped schools listing will be posted to the district website in February.
6. We are lucky to have great leadership in SBISD!
This home at 10 Beebe is exquisite yet casual all at the same time. What is also amazing is how the home is positioned on the lot to create a beautiful front yard flanked by an L shaped home. Priced at $2,500,000 on a village half acre lot, it went under contract in 4 days. Schools are Bunker Hill Elementary, Memorial Middle School and Memorial High School.Click here for more details.
Our office also has a few nonMLS or pocket listings in the Memorial Villages, so please give me a call if interested.
Memorial is filled with wonderful places to walk, jog or bike. This photo is looking south on Strey from Bunker Hill Elementary school. Notice how wide the sidewalk is! This is part of the loop shown below. There are lovely wide sidewalks like this on Strey, Memorial, Knipp, Bunker Hill and Taylorcrest. The loop shown below is approximately 2.86 miles. Early in the morning you’ll see lots of residents out in the neighborhood before the late afternoon heat.